Resources on Starting a Nonprofit
- Osocio: Dedicated to social advertising and non-profit campaigns. It is the place where marketing and activism collide.
- John Haydon’s Blog: John Haydon, author of “Facebook Marketing for Dummies”, shares his tips on social media marketing for nonprofits.
- Getting Attention: Helps nonprofits succeed through effective marketing.
- Frogloop: Multiple writers cover topics like social media, content marketing, and everything in between.
- Social Fish: All things related to social media implementation and strategy, community management, social tools and technologies for nonprofits, social business and more.
- Big Duck Blog: Communications firm, Big Duck, shares insights from working with nonprofits to help reach supporters, raise awareness and raise more money.
Data & Analytics
- Beth’s Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media: One of the longest running and most popular blogs for nonprofits. Beth Kanter is the co-author of books “The Networked Nonprofit” and “Measuring the Networked Nonprofit”.
- Search Engine Land – SEO: Get lots of helpful SEO tips and insights useful for any nonprofit.
- Moz Blog: Get ready to dive deep into the wonderful world of marketing analytics.
- Equals Change: The Ford Foundation blog covers a range of causes important to the nonprofit sector including education, arts and culture, sustainable development, media, technology and movements shaping the world.
- National Council of Nonprofits Blog: Identifies emerging trends, share proven practices, and promote solutions that benefit charitable nonprofits and the communities they serve.
- Nonprofit Quarterly: Provides credible, research based articles for nonprofits about management, governance, philanthropy and public policy.
- The Nonprofit Times: Leading business publication for nonprofit management targeting nonprofit executives.
- Double the Donation: When looking for insights and ideas on raising more money from corporate philanthropy programs there is no better source than Double the Donation’s blog.
- #FundChat: Stories for fundraising professionals about donor-centric marketing and communications.
- Future Fundraising Now: Blog for the serious nonprofit fundraiser on topics ranging from donor demographics to creative tips for fundraising.
- Nonprofit Nate: Hear it from professional fundraiser and blogger, Nathan Hand. He talks causes, capacity and philanthropic change.
- Independent Sector: Leadership network for nonprofits, foundations, and corporations committed to advancing the common good.
Nonprofit Thought Leadership
- Nonprofit Tech for Good: This blog helps nonprofit marketers to stay on the tip of the cutting edge of tech and social media.
- Nonprofit Marketing Blog: This blog aims to bring you the best in nonprofit marketing trends, fundraising techniques, technology developments and amazing nonprofit examples to help, encourage and inspire the do-gooders of the world.
- Kivi’s Nonprofit Communications Blog: As an award-winning author, trainer, and adviser to nonprofit marketing and fundraising professionals, Kivi Leroux Miller shares lessons and best practices from the field.
- When You Work at a Nonprofit: Collection of funny gifs that make fun of nonprofit life.
- Nonprofit with Balls: Humorous and insightful stories about all the “balls” nonprofits are forced to juggle while keeping sane.